Variables and Types Quiz
- What is the difference between a primitive type and an object?
- What is an integer and what are its legal values?
- What is a number and what are its legal values?
- What is a boolean and what are its legal values?
- Discuss the concept of binary and explain why it is important in computer science.
- What does it mean to call an action on an object? Give 2 examples.
- What is modulus? Give an example of what it could be used for.
- Which operator is used to call actions?
- Describe the concept of instantiating an
object in your own words. Give at least one example in code.
- Give two examples of legal variable names in Quorum.
Similarly, give two examples of illegal names.
- What is a compiler error and what do they tell us?
- What does it mean to build a program?
- What is a debugger and what do we use it for?
- What is the difference between a runtime error
and a compile time error?
- Discuss each data type and explain when they
should be used. Be sure to include all primitive types and several
different kinds of objects.
- Write a paragraph explaining why the concept of variables is important
in computer science. Write a second paragraph explaining the broader
concept of types.